Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh Captain, My Captain- More from Adrian Holmes

Adrian Holmes is all over the place nowadays promoting Frankie and Alice. Luckily for us, there always seems to be time to sneak in something about Red Riding Hood.


You also shot Red Riding Hood recently, with Amanda Seyfried and Catherine Hardwicke. Can you talk a bit about that experience and the character you play in that?

Adrian Holmes: Oh wow. That was wild, man. That was a really, really cool experience. Catherine Hardwicke is like a stick of dynamite. She has so much energy and she's very passionate about all her different projects. During the audition process, just seeing the way she was in the room, I was like, 'I have to work with this woman.' She's like a little kid in a candy store. I had a few callbacks for that and I ended up getting that part. I really connected with the character. There were a few other actors that I thought they would go with, but I got the job. Amanda was very cool but the highlight for me was working with Gary Oldman, who is one of the greatest character actors of our time. I play the Captain in the movie, his right-hand man. The movie is about this village that's been terrorized by this werewolf. They have summoned Father Solomon and his army of soldiers to help rid the village of this wolf. I play the Captain, who is Father Solomon's right-hand man. We're basically side-by-side throughout the whole film, Gary and I, battling this wolf. Again, it was really overwhelming to watch someone as great as Gary, seamlessly go in and out of character. He's so good with dialects too. He has this Austrian accent in the film and he just goes in and out of it so easily. He had a great sense of humor too, which was very cool to see. All the characters he's played over the years are so dark and crazy characters and I wasn't sure what to expect, but he was very light, very funny, made everyone feel comfortable and really connected well with me, seeing we had to work so close together throughout the whole film. So, Red Riding Hood I'm definitely looking forward to that. It comes out March 11.

Catherine directed the first Twilight and now there is this whole fascination with vampires and werewolves these days. Would you say the tone is similar or is it a different animal, so to speak, than the Twilight franchise?

Adrian Holmes: Yeah, Twilight is vampires and they have werewolves as well, but I think this has a darker feel than the Twilight movies. It's definitely a similar audience, but I think this one is going to be a little bit darker than those, but it still has that kind of a theme.

Read the entire interview here.

Also, check out two other interviews with Holmes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment