Friday, June 10, 2011

The Bromance Continues- Adrian Holmes Talks Red Riding Hood

PH: What I really liked about this film was the medieval setting, and I understand that filming took place in Vancouver, can you comment a bit on the setting? Did wearing that medieval armor help you really get into the character?
AH: Yeah, well Cindy Evans was the Costume Designer and she did an amazing job with all the costumes. Like any role the costumes are so important, as soon as you put them on it really helps you become the character. With the armor the Captain really came to life. We shot in the summertime so it was hot but the material they used was quite breathable so it definitely wasn’t as hot as it looked. We shot it in a sound stage in Burnaby which was great and they did a nice job with this village and made it look like it was outside. We had three sound stages and I was just in awe every day I walked on set.

PH: What was it like working with Catherine Hardwicke?
AH: It was a delight. She was very professional, prepared, passionate and excited to make a movie. She was like a kid in a candy store and at the end of the day when your energy got low she would bring chocolate to pick up our energy, and it worked. She was really sweet, very generous and we got along very well. We had a great time in London for the UK premiere and I’m really grateful to have met her.

PH: What about your thoughts working with Gary Oldman? I hear he’s a pretty funny guy off set.
AH: Gary Oldman’s great, I really loved working with him. He’s got a great sense of humour and I can’t say enough about that guy, he’s top-notch. I’ve always been a big fan of his ever since I saw Dracula so to work with him was surreal for me.


Check out the entire interview here.  
And here for more of Adrian & Gary's bromance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment