Sunday, June 5, 2011

Catherine Hardwicke Talks RRH's Alternate Ending and Her Upcoming Project (Fingers Crossed)

CG: There's a much darker, alternate ending to Red Riding Hood. As a director, did you get attached to one particular ending?
CH: I like both endings! They're very different. If I had it my way, I would have had one ending in one theater and one in another.

CG: Where do you draw from, as far as emotional moments, especially with movies based in fantasy?
CH: You try to find the closest human experience. Try to get the closest to the heart of that emotion. Directing Red Riding Hood, I would try to find a time when I thought someone was my friend, but they just wanted to borrow something from me. Maybe they didn't want to kill me, but they did have an ulterior motive. It's a nugget of something real that you hold with you the whole time.

CG: What's your dream project?
CH: My first movie, Thirteen, and it was very real-almost too real. It was very gritty, with raw human emotion. I'd love to do something like that again. I have a project in the works that would be something like that. I can't say the name yet, but my fingers are crossed. It would shoot in Europe and would be a character piece.

Read the entire interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment