Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Red Riding Hood Screening and Premiere

You may have noticed (if you frequent the blog) that postings have been a little behind the past couple of days. That is because on Friday I boarded a plane from Florida to California to attend a screening of Red Riding Hood on Saturday night.


Ok, so the short review is that the movie is wonderful.

Amanda...perfectly cast. Max and Shiloh...impressive newcomers. Visuals...stunning. Music...I need the soundtrack NOW!

I'm terrible at writing reviews (as you can see), but I have nothing but good things to say about the movie. It was romantic and sexy with just the right amount of action and scares (my lovely mother, who made the trip with me, jumped a few times throughout).

After the screening, I had the chance to talk to Catherine Hardwicke again and meet Sarah Blakley-Cartwright, the author of the New York Times Bestselling novel Red Riding Hood.


I stood outside (for 5 hours in the windy cold) the premiere tonight in the hopes of meeting some of the movie's stars, but Gary Oldman was the only one to come over to our side and I am now nursing a cold.


I was able to get a few shots of Max Irons and Virginia Madsen, though they are not the best quality. 

I took some video of the premiere, but I may not be able to upload it for another day or so. Below are a few pictures of the set up for the night's event.

 

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! :D ... but I feel bad for the movie when I read all the posts on imdb.com :S
    I hate when a movie that I actually want to see is so screwed by reviews, and people that have already decided that they weren't going to like it... I personally don't see what's the matter with it... plus, I am not a Twilight-fan, and I think it isn't the same thing at all... :( what do you think about it, Charlie's stache?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said, I really enjoyed the film. You can see a connection to Twilight, but that is because they are both Catherine Hardwicke films. I really don't appreciate all the pre-bashing. It has become more popular to hate Twilight than to like it and really, who cares? Let Red Riding Hood succeed or fail on its own.

    ReplyDelete